Got a knack with cars? Experienced either in college or in a workshop? You may already have experience as a Mechanic, Vehicle Technician or Fitter, and with Halfords, you’ll have the chance to work on a wide variety of cars and light vehicles with the UK’s largest vehicle service, maintenance and repair business.A critical member of the team, you’ll use and develop your technical knowhow with a keen focus on quality. You’ll share our focus on achieving the highest standards of vehicle servicing, and meeting DVSA guidelines. Customer safety is paramount and you will deliver service standards that keep our customers safe, helping to build a returning customer base who trust the quality of your work.Quality is everything at Halfords. And that extends to the training we provide. With access to industry-leading, recognised training linked to your skills and experience you’ll be given every opportunity to progress your career. You’ll have access to hybrid training, ATA accreditation and the MOT Tester qualification. You’ll also have access to a generous bonus scheme and some amazing benefits.To be a success in this role, you’ll need: NVQ Level 1 or 2 in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair or equivalent, or time served experienceExperience in a professional workshop or in a college environment, delivering relevant servicesConfidence and capability in your technical ability, with good attention to detailA commitment to achieving targetsTechnical quality control trainedHealth and Safety trainedAbility to communicate with a range of customers and colleagues, both face to face and over the phoneIT literacyA full driving licence with no more than 9 points We know that everyone has different priorities at different stages of their lives, so we offer a wide range of rewards and benefits. As well as holiday and contributory company pension, you can expect to enjoy: Store discount, with 25% off most products across Halfords and TredzEmployee discount, with up to 60% off your garage bills at Halfords AutocentreDiscount on Halfords Breakdown Cover, with bike cover as standard for all annual policiesDiscounts on everything from groceries and shopping through to holidays, insurance, days out, restaurants and moreEmployee wellness programme offering free, independent, confidential support and counselling 24 hours a day, seven days a weekFantastic Trade Price Bike Scheme - buy one bike per year from a range of bikes which have been significantly reducedLife insuranceUniformOption to join our Sharesave scheme: save to purchase shares at a 20% discountCycle to Work schemeWagestream – a financial planning app that gives you more control over your pay. Access up to 30% of your pay as you earn it and save automatically from your salary to build a rainy-day fund for the futureHealth Cash Plan - claim cash back towards your healthcare costs and get access to health and well-being services We’re in an exciting chapter – rapidly growing our business with a focus on motoring services and electric mobility. We’re the UK’s leading retailer of motoring and cycling products and services, and the UK’s largest vehicle service, maintenance and repair business. Join us and be part of our success story in getting the nation safely back on the move.
Our jobs portal is fully automated and finds daily new job opportunities related to the companies listed on EVE Score.
Please remember that we do not endorse any websites related to these jobs opportunities and stay alerts to avoid scams.
A few reminders:
- Never, ever pay anything to apply for a job. Companies should be the one paying, not you
- Never agree to buy equipment in order to start a job - this includes buying a laptop, work from home equipment
- Never agree to pay for mandatory training to onboard for a new position (even if they say that they will reimburse you for later)
- If the recruiter sends you an email from a domain that is different from the company website, ask them to communicate with you via email belonging to the company. Stay away from Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo or domain that looks close to the company they are portraying
- Don’t give personal information during the application process - social security number, bank account, home address, date of birth - this could be used to target you through a social engineering attack later on
- Don’t complete a project for free. Many companies might ask you to get through a test, that’s one thing. But less scrupulous companies will actually ask you to deliver a project for free